Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator - GESDA
The Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA) is a joint initiative by the Swiss Federal Council and the Canton and City of Geneva. GESDA’s ambition is to anticipate cutting-edge science and technology and translate them into effective tools for humanity.
In order to achieve this, GESDA will:
- Build new bridges between the scientific and policy communities;
- Identify laboratories around the world working at the frontiers of science;
- Map cutting-edge scientific initiatives that have the potential to address new global challenges;
- Anticipate their potential to help address existing and emerging challenges;
- Build consensus among relevant public and private stakeholders;
- Develop exploratory initiatives and projects aimed at improving well-being by addressing emerging challenges of our time;
- Define governance to translate next-generation technologies into early-stage applications;
- Establish public-private impact funds to assist in the implementation of large-scale projects.